Villa e Collezione Panza
Donation: Giuseppe and Rosa Giovanna Panza di Biumo, 1996
The villa will be closed from 9 to 25 December 2014.
Special openings during Christmas holidays:
- 26-27-28 December 2014*
- 2-3-4 January 2015*
- The Villa regularly re-opens from 6th January 2015.
*Please note: from 6 to 15 January and in the dates specified above, the following areas will be open:
- First Floor, north wing (hosting the Villa’s permanent collection)
- Wharehouses (hosting the historical works of Dan Flavin and the rooms with environmental works by Robert Irwin and James Turrell from the Collezione Panza).
- Stables: all visitors will have access to the Ganzfeld by James Turrell and to the Scrim 2013 by Robert Irwin. Two extraordinary masterpieces made especially for the exhibition AISTEHSIS – All’origine delle sensazioni which just ended.
- All the other rooms of the Villa will be closed to the public due to the fitting of the new exhibition
Opening times: from 10am to 6pm
Last visitors admitted 45 minutes before closing time
A world-renowned collection of contemporary art
Surrounded by a magnificent Italian-style garden, the 18th century Villa Panza is famous around the world for the contemporary art collection that Giuseppe Panza di Biumo assembled there from the 1950s onwards. Around 150 works by modern-day artists adorn the walls
of the sumptuous rooms and grand stables, in perfect harmony with the time-honoured furnishings and precious collections of African and Pre-Colombian artworks.